Sunday, April 21, 2013

Morrisseau Voice 'Thundered Like Sentinel'

“I go to the inner planes. I go to the source. I even dare to say, I go to the house of invention where all the inventors of mankind have been.” –Norval Morrisseau

Cited by Donald C. Robinson in his introduction to Norval Morrisseau Exhibition: ‘Honouring First Nations’ (Kinsman Robinson Galleries, Toronto, 1994). "My first visit to Norval Morrisseau's studio had a profound effect on me. That day, Norval told me that he had been thinking about me for some time, but we had never previously met." In a fitting tribute to Norval Morrisseau, Robert Houle, a close friend and contemporary Anishnabe Saulteaux artist, wrote, "As a master narrator, [Norval] had a voice that thundered like the sentinel of a people still listening to the stories told since creation."
Twitter | kinsmanrobinson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please restrict your comments to pertinent matters. KRG will not tolerate any comments that are abusive, threatening, defamatory or libelous, or attacks, ad hominem and otherwise, on fellow posters. Should you engage in this behaviour or otherwise violate the rights of other posters, your comments will be removed from the site without explanation, prior notice and liability.